Vaginal Steaming at Home
If you are considering performing a vaginal steam at home for the benefits of your reproductive health it’s important to ensure the practice is suitable for your individual needs before attempting yoni steaming at home. As a trained Yoni Steam practitioner, I have provided a free step by step guide to help support your v steam at home experience. For ease, you can also download and keep my yoni steam guide.
If you are new to steaming, you may benefit from a virtual consultation. I provide personalised guidance prior to your steam, based on your personal history, past cycles and flow with support including how often and how long to steam and what herbs would be best for you. Please purchase a Yoni Steaming Virtual Consultation with me.
Yoni steaming at home free guide
What you will need:
- A packet of organic herbs – Visit my shop to purchase and you can also learn more about my herbs.
- 1 ½ to 2 litres of filtered of spring water
- A pan with a lid large enough to hold 2 litres of water
- A bowl about 3 litres. Large enough to hold your hot yoni steam tea but small enough to fit inside your steam stool or comfortably between your knees.
- A blanket or large wrap.
- For extra comfort you may also need an extra shawl or wrap and some cosy socks.
As you are giving yourself this space and time why not put on some soft music, light some candles and burn some incense.
How to perform the vaginal steam:
- Bring the water to a boil. Once at a rolling boil throw in a handful of herbs, put on the lid and turn off the heat. To retain the volatile oils from the medicinal herbs.
- Steep for 6/7 mins. (The herbs will continue to release their goodness whilst you are steaming). Pour the contents of the pan into the bowl and place this inside your steam stool or next to the bed or chair on which you will be leaning.
- Take a seat on the stool (of course without underwear) Then wrap your blanket around your legs and waist and allow your knees to open. If you are working on the floor kneel over the bowl placing it slightly behind your knees. Wrap your blanket around your waist to hold in the steam and rest forward onto whatever you have chosen to lean on.
- Make sure you are warm and comfortable, steam for about 20/30 minutes. The steam should feel warm but not so warm that it’s uncomfortable. This process is to be enjoyed not endured.
- As you relax, breathe deep into your belly, be aware of your womb, the sensations, any thoughts or emotions that may arise.
- When you are finished wrap up warm and rest for at least half an hour to strengthen the healing process.
Steaming is generally practised in the few days after menstruation. Depending on your reasons for steaming your practitioner will make suitable recommendations.
- Must not be done during pregnancy – The cervix must stay tightly closed to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Must not be done during menstruation – Depending on your reasons for having the treatment different stages of your cycle may be recommended but never while you are bleeding, that includes postpartum.
- Genital piercings must be removed.
- Wait 48 hrs after shaving or waxing.
Should you prefer not to v-steam at home and you’re able to come along in person to my Wombon wellness studio, you can book a yoni steam treatment.
If you would like tailored one-to-one support prior to home steaming experience, please purchase a Yoni Steaming Virtual Consultation with me.